Droncit Spot On Tapewormer Wormer for Cats 20mg - 4 Pipettes
Droncit Spot On Tapewormer Wormer for Cats is a single application tapewormer that effectively kills all forms of common UK adult tapeworms living within the gut.
Any cat that hunts and consumes mice or birds, is at high risk of tapeworm infection. Our cats often show few, if any, signs of a tapeworm infection but if left untreated they can lead to serious health complications for you and your family. Don’t risk it. Trust Droncit for fast-acting treatment of all common tapeworm species found in the UK.
- Specifically formulated with cats in mind, Droncit Spot on Tapewormer targets both immature and mature forms of adult tapeworms in cats
- Fuss-free worming - say goodbye to tablets with an easy to use spot-on application
- Vet strength formula - fast-acting treatment of tapeworms in cats and dogs
- Highly-effective treatment against all the common species of tapeworm found in cats of the United Kingdom and Ireland including Dipilydium caninum, and Taenia species. Also effective against Echinococcus multilocularis
For external use only. The minimum dose rate is 8 mg/kg body weight, or 1 tube per 2.5 kg body weight.
- 1-2.5kg body weight = 1 tube
- >2.5 - 5kg body weight = 2 tubes
- >5kg body weight = 3 tubes
Tapeworming made easy spot-on use for external application to the skin. The cat should be accurately weighed prior to treatment to ensure that the correct tube size is used
- Remove one tube from package. Hold tube in upright position, twist and pull off cap and use the opposite end of the cap to break the seal
- Part the fur on the cat’s neck at the base of the skull until skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze firmly several times to empty the contents directly onto the skin. Application on the base of the skull will minimise the ability of the cat to lick the product off
- To minimise the possibility of run-off after application of more than one tube, it is advised that the applications should be performed slowly to allow absorption and that it may be advisable to allows the contents of the previous tube to be absorbed before applying another
Apply only to the skin surface and on intact skin. NOT to be administered by any other route. Tapeworm infestation is certain to re-occur unless control of the intermediate hosts such as fleas, mice, etc. is undertaken. It is recommended to re-apply Droncit Spot-On Tapewormer for Cats when signs of tapeworm infestation re-appear or at monthly intervals
Each tube contains 20 mg praziquantel with 0.5mg butylated hydroxytoluene.
- Do not use on cats weighing less than 1 kg bodyweight
- Do not allow recently treated animals to groom each other
- Care should be taken to avoid the contents of the tube coming into contact with the eyes or mouth of the recipient animal
- Occasionally a transient local reaction such as scurf or mild exudation may be observed at the application site
- The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occasionally occur if the cat licks the application site immediately after treatment. This is not a sign of intoxication and disappears after a short time without treatment
- No incompatibility has been observed between this product at the recommended dose and a range of common veterinary treatments
- Overdosing can lead to slight skin reactions which disappear without treatment within a few days
- There are no contraindications for use during pregnancy and lactation
- Keep out of sight and reach of children and wash hands after use
- Do not stroke or groom animals until the area of application is dry (typically around 1 hour after application)
- Wash hands thoroughly after use
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke during application
Use medicines responsibly. Droncit Spot-On contain praziquantel and butylated hydroxytoluene. AVM-GSL. Further information is available from Vetoquinol UK (firstname.lastname@example.org).